Thursday, June 19, 2008

FairyTale Syndrome



Do you have the Fairy Tale Syndrome?

Well it's not a disease actually... more like an illusion. Very commonly - girls have them. Thanks to Cinderella, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, Beauty & The Beast etc etc that we read/ watch as kids. Also thanks to disney that most girls used to think that they have a prince charming. Alright, I used to wonder about that when I was young. Sure, say you found your prince charming - but is he as charming as you think?




I read in this magazine, which elaborates that most girls had this 'Fairy Tale' Syndrome. They expect guys (or the ones they are currently dating) to be prefect like Prince Charming in Fairy Tales. Please, such a person do not even exist in the first place. If he did, he might have been dead by now.





There was this interesting Korean drama that I watched - Soulmate. In one particular scene the actress in the film said, "I wonder what happened to Cinderella after she married Prince Charming... maybe her life didn't change." Another answered, "Maybe she had to deal with an irritating mother-in-law. And it'll be worse if the Prince had an affair with someone else!" A third lady joined in, "Yeah, and her ugly step-mother would definitely not let her gain happiness. She'll be extorting money from Cinderella, or perhaps something worse!"


I laughed hard. I mean, how many of us actually dwell further into the fairy tales when it's long over? and heck, so many speculations and drama!


Again, realistic, aren't we? It's all good.


Hey you know what? I play around with Photobucket today and it's so fun! I think I'm so out in terms of decorating the photos but hehe did this:



Okay you may not think it's nice but I'm juz experimenting with it. K, going back 2 work.

Ja!

No comments: