Sunday, September 9, 2007

Do you like SHOPPING?




I went out today... but before that, this afternoon I searched through my wardrobe for my beige khakis skirt but couldn't find it. My mum said it must be crushed between some of the folded clothes. My determination got the better of me and before I knew it, I took out all the clothes and wondered whether it's time to clear it. I have a lot of clothes and some of them I just wear once or twice. Funny how nice it looked when you tried it on in the store but loath it twice as much as before. When that happens, I can't just ignore them since I'd already bought it. So I tend to keep it till god knows how many years later... or sometimes I'd force myself to wear it once or twice to at least show my mum I "wore" it before to avoid her frequent nagging when I buy more clothes.


Harbour Town on a wet winter...



Well, GIRLS! We love shopping, especially without guilt. And I believe we live for that purpose LOL. Everytime I'm unhappy or depressed, no, I don't cook barley (though that was what my flatmate used to poke fun at me for), I'd go out for a shopping spreeeee! I really like Harbour Town (Perth) coz they have Nike, Adidas, Jeans West etc at reasonable price. It's a factory outlet anyway so it's all good. I don't think I dared to re-count how much I spend buying clothes throughout my 5 months there :D


But the good thing was that the clothes in Australia have a variety of sizes and fits easily for someone as chubby as I am. I tend to wear size 12, and sometimes size 10 for certain t-shirts. Shopping for clothes are so much at ease when you just simply need to follow your size. If you're a size 12, juz go by 12 in any boutique and you can hardly go wrong.



Back in Perth, I frequented Valley Girl, AWOL, Cotton On, Sports Girl and Supre. Though one of my friend doesn't like Supre, I find the store pretty OK. Price wise I wouldn't say that they are cheap (nothing's cheap in Australia), but their house-brand cosmetics are not so bad. I like the lip gloss I bought there, a double end gloss with two flavours--chocolate and vanilla in each separate end.


It's finishing soon... my lip gloss I mean. Liked it a lot and it doesn't cost me much... Might request my friend to buy it for me if it's possible. I have no idea who might be flying back to Malaysia this semester but I hope I'll be able to meet some of them, namely those I knew back then in college!


Oh, I myself was surprised that I wasn't excited at all by the SALES around Malaysia recently. Perhaps I was bored out of my wits. Those "sales" as they claimed to be, were not executed by all stores. Best of all, new clothes/ items were not on discount and these new tops or bottoms always looked much better than the discounted ones. So you'll most probably end up purchasing the "new" ones rather than the discounted version, and also might end up being broke while not getting the best deal at all.


Even so, many Malaysians are attracted by the SALES all round the country. Major shopping complex are full of people and that you wouldn't get parking even after going round and round for hours in the parking area. Shops and restaurants are flooded by people, especially lunch or dinner time. You wouldn't dream of stepping into Sushi King or Pizza Hut or even Kenny Rogers at such hour. The queue can be so long that you'll wonder whether it moved at all for the past hour. Such scenes are frequent in Midvalley, especially if you're there on a weekend or public holiday. Fast food outlet and cinemas will be full of people and you'll definitely cancel the plan of buying a popcorn before the show since the queue can be thrice as much as KFC handing out free chickens.



No comments: