Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Singapore Convo

Singapore is definitely a fine country with many strict systems. As we drove there on the weekend (on Hari Raya) it was a disaster. After leaving our house at 5.30am, and officially started our journey at 6, it took us about 4 hours to reach Johor. Upon meeting both my uncles at Skudai as promised, we went to one of my uncle's home as he packed his belonging (he didn't knowwe'll be staying overnight at SG). It was then lunch and around 1pm, we adjourned our journey to Singapore. From 1 onwards we moved towards the custom and it was a really really really long queue. It took us more than 1 hour to finally moved to the immigration booth. But we didn't have any green card or the cash card. At the booth, the officer gave us the green cards to be filled. I felt sorry for the cars queuing behind us as the 5 of us fumbled with what to fill in and what not. When we're finally done, we had to drive to the counter to purchase the cash card in order to get into Singapore. That took us some time too. Therefore in total, we reached Singapore at 3pm and drove straight to Chinatown where our hotel is located. We got into the parking booth and then didn't know what to do. There was no parking ticket to pick and they said "auto pass" which made us think its like staff's card (which we definitely don't have). All in all, we're stuck there with several cars behind us (again) with no staff to help us. Luckily my uncle managed to ask someone and they said we can use the cash card to get in, much to our relieve.

I'm pretty much lazy today so I won't be talking much about my journey at SG (I'll leave it for next time). Graduation day was really fun :D I arrived there at around 2pm and saw Angie and her friend. Then I met up with Janet, Nai Lin, Kah Yen and Aaron (Gan). We chatted for a while and snapped some photos. Arter that we went into the hall to get our regalia. Inside, I met some more other seniors. I knew quite number of them by face but not name (lol, yes, I'm an ignorant person). Including this one guy and another (lol), I found them really familiar and finally realized we used to be in the same class for certain subjects... even so, we didn't talk back in KDU so there's no point saying "hi" casually since we aren't close. I saw Han Cai and her sister after taking my regalia. We talked for a while but I had to rush back to buy some stuffs so I said goodbye to them and went off in promise we'll meet again later at the convo.


I reached there at 5.30 and saw Ee Huang & Kendy. Then I met with Hui Yi and started changing into my regalia. It was a little early so together with my parents and uncles, we queued for the photo session which costs $S 25 for the shots.


My individual photo... my uncle was saying that I'm promoting for Murdoch, to which I replied, "Can't help it, I graduated from there after all!"



A family photo... but unfortunately one of my uncle had a course so he couldn't attend!

Weeeee my seniors! (l-r) Aaron, Kah Yen, me, Janet & Nai Lin





A group photo! I know most of them but not everyone... as a matter of fact, there are a few here that I know by face but not name ^^ so I'll juz randomly name those I know: Jessica, Philip, Kendy, Lee Hua, Sook Chen, Alex, Mei Ling, Han Cai, Yeong Wen, Soo Hwa, Alex etc etc :D


The joy of throwing your mortar board...? And then everyone started looking for their own mortar board on the ground. A second threw came when someone said, "Due to the audiences' requests (it's a favourite), so we'll do it again!!!"

Aaaaaah it was really fun~ I have some pix at Han Cai's camera, Nai Lin's phone, Angie's camera and Lee Hua's camera... gotta mail them for the pix hehe~

No comments: